Friday, April 27, 2012

Still Here

I haven't blogged in a while so I thought I'd let you know we were all still here. I just had my last day of school for this semester and it couldn't have come fast enough. I was getting kinda burnt out. I need a break. School was fun this semester, but I just was done earlier than the teachers were. Ethan and Andrew have been ready for school to get out for about 3 weeks now. Too bad they have to stay in school for about another 20 days or so. They got to go on some pretty good field trips this year and they've been so excited for that! Andrew has started playing the violin and is doing a good job. He doesn't like to practice a whole lot, but he doesn't have much of a choice, him being just 7 and all. Ike has been so funny lately! He doesn't like to take naps all the time so when he is tired he is nuts! The other day he was trying to put on his shoes. He had one on and then was crying because he couldn't find the other shoe. The other shoe was in his hand, but he couldn't find it. Aaron and I just sat there laughing at him for a minute and then tried telling him where the shoe was. He wouldn't listen and would cry louder. Finally he looked at his hand and started laughing. I'm glad that he has such good humor and can already laugh at himself. He has told me that he doesn't want to go to school, that he wants to stay and play with me. That's fine with me! We're holding him back a year anyway. This summer we don't have any huge plans. We hope to do some fun things with the boys and start a new garden. I am looking forward to not driving the boys to and from school for awhile and me not having to go for a while too.

No comments: