Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ikey is 3!



Three years ago on July 26 I was very pregnant. I was schedualed to be induced at about 1:30pm. Sitting at my house at noon my husband started to get a little antsy while I was calm and collected. We left for the hospital all excited to meet this little person who had been kicking me to death. I got all hooked up and ready to go. We made the phone calls that you make when your getting ready to have a baby and then proceeded to wait. I had an epidural, but I think I could have done without it.
The baby was doing really well, and would have been born at 9pm, but we decided to wait for Zsa Zsa and Bapa. They showed up a little before 10 and then the baby made his apperance. He was not a hard delivery. We had chosen his name to be Isaac Warren. To pick his first name we had the hardest time because we could never agree on anything. Finally we started looking at names everywhere. One Sunday while looking at the hyum book at church we found the name Isaac. We both liked it, so that was it. His middle name is my grandpa States's middle name.

Isaac was a very happy baby and started laughing one day when we called him Ikey! Now that's what he calls himself. He didn't want to crawl or even roll over until he was about 11 months old. Finally he did though. He crawled for about 1 month and then it was on to walking.

He loves playing with his brothers, he loves to beat them up. He loves playing with his dad and cuddling with his mom. He was my easiest to potty train, but my most stubborn kid. We argue about something at least twice a day. He is also very sneaky. If he wants a certain snack I had better put it up high or he'll get it all the while being very quiet. He loves to go places with anyone, and will play outside for hours in the dirt.

I can't believe he's 3 already.

No comments: